March 17, 2010

Go Green !!!

21 years of celebrating festive of lights and harvest, I stepped into this strange cult where color green had a cardinal significance driving few parts of the world to indulge in a profound way of inebriation, wearing green hats/clothes studded with shamrocks and I was one among them that night. Legal yet perplexed, a fervid moment and I had to make a quick choice. The choice that will question my social gore imbrued with regulations. Though my lackluster and pallor days required sustenance in a different country, I was still contemplating my years of instilled ethics over social drinking. 6 years have scurried through and here I am on the very same occasion St.Patty’s day, rejoicing the folklores of Irish and relishing what once was a distaste. Do I feel guilty? Yes. Do I regret the choice I made? No. Embracing different cultures is not an enduring sin after all. So here it is Cheers to my 6th year celebrating this event and Beannacht Lá Fhéile Pádraig to all.

No comments: