January 16, 2008

Confusing times ! looking back already

Wow, confusing times lately. Funny how scary, yet thrilling it is when that line between right and wrong blurs, convention goes out the window, and morals are thrown to the wind. As exciting as it is now, though, one knows as well that soon must come a choice to be rendered there must first be a cloud, second a storm, and finally the rainbow.
It didn’t occur to me then that storms are cyclical. There are bright days, there are dark days, then there are days that are just kind of overcast and you’re not really certain what’s going to happen. Or how you feel. And even after the rainbow, eventually it’s going to storm again. Someday. Three, four, five months from now.
I find myself laden with vulnerability in recent days. I woke up one day and couldn’t get a certain memory out of my head. And it kept wearing on me, slipping into my thoughts at the worst times, stealing some of the mental resources that I needed to be devoting to the task at hand to use to force the images out. And eventually, it wore me down enough. Just enough.
Behind the clouds is the sun still shining.

No comments: